Monday, May 25, 2009

Your First Task

Greetings,

Your first "task" is to sign in to the blog and post an introductory note to this message. The basics will suffice (name, major, hometown, year in school, and maybe something about yourself that you'd like us to know).

I'll go first--

My name is Jack Powers and (as an undergraduate) I double-majored in French and Communications. I'm from Cleveland (I'm a big sports fan and am currently expecting the Cleveland Cavaliers, featuring LeBron James, to collapse to the Orlando Magic in the playoffs. When you're from Cleveland, you expect all of your sports teams to collapse in the playoffs).

As for something about me that I'd like you to know? I love my job. I know a lot of people say that, but I really, really mean it.

Peace,

Jack

5 comments:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Benjamin Rosenbaum. I'm a Cinema and Photography Major with a concentration in screenwriting. I'm a junior. I'm originally from New York City.

    My hobbies consist of movies of several genres. I'll go see anything by Martin Scorsese or starring Leonardo DiCaprio, but I won't necessarily think it's the best movie ever made once I've seen it. I love to watch The Tudors, In Treatment, and Entourage, and I watch some other television here and there that's more guilty pleasures. I'm currently reading State of Fear by Michael Crichton and every now and then I'll go to a Broadway show and enjoy it tremendously.

    My career goals, I'm still trying to figure out. I'm considering writing for screenplays, television, and memoirs. I also might be into producing or casting for movies and television. I'm also interested in e-business mainly because if I found a way to do it, I could be located anywhere I wanted. Again though, I'm still figuring out all these things.

    I'm currently home for the summer and missing the campus life, but happy to see my friends from high school and elementary school and looking forward to getting at least some Ithaca taste here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Brandon McCullough. I am a rising sophomore biology major with minors in theater, environmental studies, and the IC Honors Program. I am from Brooklyn, New York.

    My hobbies consist of bowling, acting, reading short stories, plays, shopping and partaking in tons of photography. I feel that photography is an excellent opportunity for me to express my individuality and drive to have fun.

    My career goals as of right now is to open my practice when I gain the credentials, attend graduate or medical school, conduct molecular genetics research and the type of doctor I want to become is still under debate. I have so many career interests that its up in the air because its between being a pediatrician, psychiatrist and an oncologist. I want to implement laws to project our longevity for health in the future because it breaks my heart the different factors for death.

    I am home for the summer working, taking some classes over the summer and making great plans with friends because I love spending time with them. I love having the opportunity to see friends from elementary, middle and high school during the summer because you can pick up from exactly where you left off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Stef Goldenberg. I'm a junior, majoring in Legal Studies and Psychology. I'm from Short Hills, New Jersey. I spend most of my free time riding horses and am on Ithaca's Equestrian Team. My other interests include soccer, art, and Manolo Blahniks. It'll either be law school or the advertising industry for me after graduation- we'll see. I wanted to knock off some credits this summer and chose to take them online since I will be doing a lot of traveling this summer for the horse shows (Vermont, NY...).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Danyelle Barron. I am a sophomore, double majoring in Business Administration and Mathematics. I am from Lansing, NY, which is just outside of Ithaca. I spend a lot of my time with my family at our lake house. I also enjoy hanging out with my friends and going to the local parks and having picnics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey my name is Mike Mathews, I'm going to be a sophmore next year at IC. I am from Westchester NY, which is about an hour north of Manhattan. I play football at Ithaca and am looking forward to the fall. Most of my family is from California so I tend to travel there during the summer to visit.

    ReplyDelete