Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Post your Project Topics here

Greetings,

Sometime in the next day or so, I need you to post your project topic idea in the comments section below.

I already know that someone is making a music video.

As you think about it, remember that it's something that needs to be practical and it should (unless you have other tools) be something that can be posted online (you can refer back to the syllabus for specific examples).

One of the things I emphasize, however, is that it has to be "real." If you want to do an ad campaign, make it for Diet-Pepsi or some other real brand. If you want to create an online celebrity site, make it about real celebrities and their antics.

Get it?

Just post a few lines about what you hope to do. I'll help each of you hone it down to a practical project that you can get done in a reasonable amount of time.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Peace,

Jack

7 comments:

  1. For my project, I am really interested in writing an investigative report on date rape because I feel like it is an important issue and many people do not take the time to understand the seriousness behind this issue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I want to do an investigative report on how young people communicate their feelings for each other within the dating scene. I find things can get very complicated with the whole thing about girls pretending to be married to their best friends on facebook and how you can get so many mixed messages in this day in age. Plus people have a tendency to reject a romance by being silent. I'd like to tell my own stories related to this issue and then interview guys, girls, older men, older women, about whats happened to them and how they deal with these situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To BRANDOHi, Brandon--

    I like the idea-- a lot.

    Let's do it like this-- go to blogspot.com and create a blog for your report. You can post your report here (and we'll share the address with the class).

    A most excellent choice for a media project-- quite appropriate for a college audience.

    Jack--

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Shakespeare," (hehe)--

    I find this to be a most original topic and I fully endorse the idea. There's no doubt in my mind that students would be interested in reading this.

    What I want you do to is go to blogspot.com and create a blog where you can post your report.

    A wonderful idea.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. My idea for the final project is to do an ad campaign for the SPCA One Dog, Ond Day donation program. I would like to create a multi-media campaign including internet banners, a radio spot and television commercial that is more appealing to their target audience than SPCA can do themselves. As of now they are very bland and unmoving. I would like to create a campaign that will move people to donate more money to the SPCA to save more dogs every day. Here's a link to SPCA’s current ad for their One Dog, One Day program:

    https://www.spca.com/donation/contribute.php?source=onedog#

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to do an investigative report about the transition into college and how students feel about how far away from home they are. I would like to look at if living at home or living on campus during the year makes a difference in the college experience. Also I want to see how things have changed at home once a student comes back for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still doing the music video! It's all set I am just having difficulty transferring it from my desktop to my laptop but I will get it to you ASAP. There is something I would like to share with you about it but not until after you see it

    ReplyDelete